This year has been a difficult one for me that is for sure, both physically and emotionally. It would be so easy to be lost in all the day in and out pain with nausea, personal disappointments, losing who I was, uncomfortable medical tests, horrendous trial and error treatments, self-doubts, and sadness of friends that collected their angel wings.
However, I choose to end the year in the same fashion I hope to live the new one - in positivity. I have so many blessings that occurred through my journey this past year. God has a reason for all of the obstacles I have come across; I just have to open my eyes and allow my heart to see them.
So with gratitude I am going to share why 2015 was a GREAT YEAR, even with my illness.
- Learning to let God carry me, when I felt like I could endure no more.
- Stronger & Deeper relationship with my family, as I relied on their assistance & love.
- Increased appreciation for the little things, that are easy to take for granted.
- Friendships formed across the world, throughout the US, Germany, UK, Australia, and beyond.
- Self-discovery through personal blogging & facing fears head on
- Learning from great inspirational friends how to be advocate, draw strength, and help others by stepping out of my comfort zone and sharing my story.
- Trusting myself, God, family, friends, and even my Drs while also having the bravery to speak up about what I needed.
So out with the old year and in with the New -
but keeping my mind set on the gratitude that's due!